Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 9 -- #21

Podcasts are my friends! I finally got an ipod for Christmas 2006 and have been hooked ever since. I do use itunes and update my ipod with podcasts to listen to at the gym, mostly NPR book reviews and author interviews. My favorites include Nancy Pearl from Seattle, and Between the Lines from Atlanta. Lately, I have been listening to geography class lectures from Stanford. With itunes University, we have access to hundreds of course lectures. Though originally recorded for students, we can certainly benefit from the access. Also, I learned to create podcasts last year when I took a class at the Cue conference. I haven't created any yet, but plan to in the future. There's so many ways that they can be used -- book talks, tutorials, lectures, student-created projects.

I added NPR technology to my RSS reader, and I need to add it to my iTunes as well. I also looked at Podcast Alley and Yahoo Podcasts. Since I have already downloaded the software and it works well for me, I will stick with it.

No comments: