Monday, May 26, 2008

Week 8 -- #19

I discovered LibraryThing a couple of weeks ago when I was exploring the 2.0 award winners. As soon as I found it I had to create an account and start adding books to my library. It really is very easy to do. I like to read what others have to say about the books as well. I added the widget to a blog post, but I need to add it as a permanent part the page. I will also set up a new library for school and try to add it to my Destiny page.Unfortunately, Destiny does not support Javascript, so I'm unable to paste the code to add this feature to my school library page. What I could do is to create a blog, then paste the widget there. Then students could click on the link that I will place on the library homepage -- not as cool as having the titles and covers on the front page. Maybe once Librarything fixes thing so that it can be used on Live Journal, then I'll be able to use it on Destiny. I will also contact Follett to see if they are working to allow Javascript.

No comments: