Monday, May 26, 2008

Week 8 -- #18

I have been using Google Docs for quite awhile. It helped me solve several issues. First, it has worked well for publishing and revising the library schedule. My library tech and I can edit from any workstation, and my teachers can view it from the classroom before they call to schedule their classes. One disadvantage, though, it that the word processing capabilities are not as sophiscated as Word, so I create my template in Word, then copy and paste into Google. It works well that way. Zoho Writer has the added benefits of templates to use. Google Docs has very few extras.

Though it is not specifically part of this exercise, I want to share my experiences with Google pages. I use it to create pathfinders, then link them on my Destiny homepage. In that way I can upload and delete as needed. Otherwise, if I post links on Destiny, when I no longer need them, the links are lost once they are deleted. This is any easy way to maintain the links for the next time I need them. I have instructed other teachers of this incredibly easy way to create webpages, upload assignments documents, and several have since created their own webpages.



See Vanden's Destiny homepage: http://destiny.travisusd.k12.ca.us/common/welcome.jsp;jsessionid=3ED2F4E0853232744F61109E0BA4FE5B?site=106

Google Docs: May/June Schedule

Google Pages: Career I-Search -- Resources
Teacher webpages --Hansen, Zadnik

No comments: