Sunday, May 25, 2008

Week 7 -- #17

I added my blog post about wikis to the Sandbox on Calcurriculum wiki. One idea I saw on the wiki that intrigued me was the use of blogs to create a tutorial for students. I agree with the comment on the wiki that students and parents sign AUP's without really understanding what is being agreed to. I want to help students clearly understand the provisions and the consequences of the AUP.

I already use Edublogs for student / staff book reviews. I was considering a move to Blogger, but last week while I was using Blogger for student responses to a college library research project, the blog was locked by Google. They thought that it was a "spam blog" and have not yet unblocked it. I moved it to Edublogs so that the students could complete their blog posts. Very frustrating. I have been happy with the results of using the blog to record student responses to journal topics.

No comments: