Sunday, May 4, 2008

Week 4 - #8

I created my RSS account at Google Reader, mostly because I like Google and use their email and docs a lot. I had several news sources as well as some of the fun stuff, like the Dailey Show and Colbert Report. It's always good to get a laugh! I really liked the book reviews from the Charlottle-Mecklenburg Library. I subscribed to quite a few different genre reviews for teens and adults too.

Besides reading reviews and passing on info to colleagues, one possible way to use this would be to help teachers to incorporate RSS into their own webpages and projects. I could also add to my own book review blog.

The challenge for me will be to keep up with it. I always have the best intentions, but probably won't check it often enough to keep up. I'm afraid it will become like my email with all the listserve messages that I want to read, but never get around to.

No comments: