Sunday, May 25, 2008

Week 7 -- #16

I have already used wikis on a couple of different occasions. Two years ago, the district technology committee used a wiki to collaborate for the development of a new district technology plan. That was my first experience, and the benefits were readily apparent. Each person worked with a partner to draft their sections, though we did not physically meet. When each group had finished, all we needed to do was put on the final touches.

This year I set up a wiki for my Academic Decathlon team. Each group had a page to post their theme/quote studies, then all had access to everyone's work ( and we saved a lot of paper too). I also posted assignments and readings for the students. Here's the link to my wiki: http://vandenacadeca.pbwiki.com/
Looking at other examples gave me ideas for further applications.

No comments: