Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 3 - #6

The Trading Card Maker is really cool. I made a card, and I can see lots of applications for it at school. It would be a great way to focus on character development in a novel or short story or it could be used to focus on theme, setting, symbols. Mappr is awesome too -- it could be used in ways similar to Google Earth Lit trips or virtuala field trips, etc. Social science provides lots of opportunities too. Our science students create profiles of diseases -- they could make trading cards of the diseases as well! I hope I get the chance to use them this year.

1 comment:

Libladylib said...

I like the trading cards too. The card I made when going through this tutorial, is now the picture I use to represent me on the internet.
fun is what this tutorial is all about.
Good luck!